The Tournament API is a public API that enables Tournament Organizations to more effectively use rewind.lol.
Signup and Verification
- You must be (or represent) a current tournament organization for League of Legends. Individuals not representing a tournament organization as a staff member will be denied access to the API. Using a tournament organization’s API key for personal purposes may result in access termination.
- You will be asked to provide evidence of:
- previous tournament history
- active participation
- rules of participation and/or terms of service
- Once approved, you may be required to join the Patreon “Tournament API Access” tier.
- A key will be manually issued within 1 business day. A tentative quota will be set based on the frequency and size of tournaments.
- A representative from your tournament organization must remain in the rewind.lol discord server.
- All API requests are served via HTTPS.
- All API responses are in JSON format.
- All API requests require a
?api_key= query parameter.
- Some API requests incur a quota cost. If there is not enough quota remaining to complete a request, there will be a 400 status response.
- Issued API keys are permanent and belong solely to the tournament organization they were issued to.
- If reasonable care is not taken to secure issued API keys, access may be suspended.
- If the assigned API key becomes compromised, please notify iaace immediately for issuance of a new key.
- If the quota approaches 0, please reach out to iaace for an increase/reset. Quota increases do not cost money.
- Quotas do not reset at regular intervals automatically. This is for manual auditing purposes.
- There is no rate limit enforced for legitimate requests. However, if your application averages more than 1 request per hour, please notify iaace.
- You’re welcome to implement the rewind.lol API in your own applications provided you continue to satisfy the requirements necessary to use the API.
- Otherwise, no coding is necessary and you may use the reference implementation pages.
- Attribution is not required- You are not required to publicly disclose that the source of data comes from rewind.lol. However, you cannot intentionally misrepresent the source of data.
Check the amount of remaining calls your API key has.
Add a profile to the queue. These update requests are deprioritized over captcha-verified human requests.
Begin a username history search.
Retrieve a previous result for username history.
Username Search Addendum
The purpose of executing any username searches is solely limited to one of either:
- competitive integrity reasons: investigation of tournament participants for potential
- account sharing
- or ban evasion
- indiscriminate testing purposes: exploring/verifying the features of this tool on random users or consenting users without performing any investigation on any accounts
The following is a non-exhaustive list of reasons that are unsanctioned and will result in access termination:
- Information Harvesting
- Attempting to locate lost friends
- Any other purpose not directly related to Tournament Operations
All queries AND query attempts performed are logged and will include the following information:
- IP addresses
- Approximate location
- Query keywords
- Query results
- Tournament Organization name
By performing any search, you are consenting to the collection and storage of this information in perpetuity. You cannot revoke this consent after performing a search. We will also reserve the right for public users to be able to see if their account was ever a result in any search. We will use the logged information listed above to provide the user with the Date, Time, and Tournament Organization name that queried their information.